Give your child the gift of a second language!
The Dual Language program is housed in the Edward Bain School of Language School of Language and Art. EBSOLA Dual Language is a K-5 public choice school located at 2600 50th Street. Students receive instruction in English and Spanish, beginning in Kindergarten, where students receive a minimum of 80% of daily instruction in Spanish and 20% in English. The percentage of English instruction increases by 10% as the student progress to each grade, until the instruction is 50/50 in grades 3-5. Our school’s test scores exceed state expectations for student achievement, student growth, educational equity and preparing students for educational milestones, including college and career readiness. Click here for more information on our Wisconsin DPI Accountability Report Card.
Benefits of our Dual Language Program:
- Students become bilingual, bi-literate, and bicultural.
- Greater cognitive development
- Advanced language skills for future academic and career opportunities
- Improved problem solving and decision making
- Opens up new social opportunities
Check out our Enrollment Presentation for more information!
Procedures for Applying to the Dual Language Program
1. The EBSOLA Dual Language Elementary school enrollment procedure begins every year during the month of November. Parents who are interested in enrolling their child, in the Dual Language program, need to complete the KUSD Dual Language Program Student Interest Form for Kindergarten Enrollment form. This form is available in Spanish as well. Check back for our next Recruitment Open House in February 2018!
2. The complete form needs to be turned in at the EBSOLA school office by the last Thursday of the month of February.
3. A lottery system will determine entry into the Dual Language Program. The following factors are taken into consideration:
- Students with siblings
- English dominant
- Spanish dominant
- Language other than English or Spanish
Can’t wait until February? Click here to schedule a private tour of our facility. Tours are only available between November and February.